Tuesday, July 27, 2010

T-Shirt into Toddler Dress

Here is an old shirt from my sister
Stains on the armpit
Hole in the top
But its all right because we cut the sleeves off
then the top
and pin about 1/2 inch on both sides of the top
sew that with a basic stitch
Then I noticed nail polish
and a hole at the bottom of the shirt
cut it off
and now its too short So I took scrap pieces of Jean
And pinned them alltogether so they would ruffle
next for the straps I didnt have two long pieces of jean so I took 4 smaller ones
Pinned them together
into two long pieces
and sewed them together
Next you put a safety pin at the end
put it in the hole and feed it through
Till you get this on both sides
I scrunched the neck to where I wanted it to be and  tied a knot
This is what it should look like
Next I sewed along the bottom. I went around twice because it being Jeans I just wanted to make sure
Then I attached all the ends of the pieces of Jean
Love how the ruffles turned out
All Done
It fit her perfectly. and I think I love this dress the most so far of the ones I've made her.
She loved it!
Here is my daugther modeling her new dress

1 comment:

Lyndab2u said...

This is so cute. I am wanting to make simple things for my granddaughter.



blogger template by lovebird